St. John Lutheran Home, located in Springfield, Minnesota, was founded in 1901 as the St. Johns Hospital and old folks home.
St. John has evolved over time, and is now St. John’s Circle of Care, a large senior campus with the ability to care for all needs a person may have while they are aging. We have a variety of housing options and services available: subsidized rent at Senior apartments, Housing with Services, Dementia care, Skilled Nursing care and short-term rehabilitation. In addition, St. John’s offers the GrandKids and V.I.K. child day care and Kindergarten Readiness programs, which allow children and seniors to interact each and every day.
The St. John’s Circle of Care is a not for profit corporation.
The governing board is made up of one representative from each of six affiliated local Lutheran congregations and four ‘at large’ representatives from the surrounding area.
Membership from the corporate churches consists of:
- St. John Lutheran, Springfield
- St. Paul Lutheran, Springfield
- Sundown Lutheran, Springfield
- Zion Lutheran, Springfield
- New Hope Lutheran, Comfrey
- Trinity Lutheran, Sleepy Eye
2020 Board of Directors
- Randy Therkilsen: President Willis Meyer- Director
- Rachael Evers: Vice President Pam Wendt – Director
- Gilbert Anderson: Secretary Denise Wellner – Director
- Jolene Schwartz– Treasurer
- Maxine Meine -Director
The employees and volunteers of St. John’s Circle of Care work hard each and everyday to enhance the physical, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of all who are in our Circle of Care and in the communities we serve.